Home ENTERTAINMENT ‘I’m bigger than those who want to blacklist me’ — Portable calls...

‘I’m bigger than those who want to blacklist me’ — Portable calls out Olamide

9
0

Portable, the controversial singer, has called out Olamide, claiming the ace rapper was involved in discussions to have him “blacklisted” from the music industry.

The drama began on Monday when content creator Tunde Perry alleged that during a high-level meeting with key industry stakeholders and international promoters, Portable’s behaviour was a major topic of conversation.

According to Perry, the consensus was that the ‘Zazoo Zeh’ singer’s pattern of unruly and volatile conduct is actively harming opportunities for other emerging artistes.

Perry claimed that Olamide, who is widely known for his philanthropic efforts in discovering and nurturing new talent, has become wary of continuing this tradition because of his experience with Portable.

“Portable has affected a lot of upcoming artistes. Yesterday, I was in the midst of tight circle recently that involved industry moguls, international promoters and Portable’s matter was what they discussed,” he said.

“Olamide is kind and willing to help people, but Portable has blocked that access for talented singers from the trenches.”

Reacting via Instagram, Portable boasted that he is far too big to be sidelined by any “circle” of executives.

He questioned their authority over his destiny, asserting that his career is sustained by his dedicated fanbase, not industry handouts.

“I am bigger than them. Who are those who want to blacklist? I heard that Tunde Perry said Olamide and his circle of music executives called for me to be blacklisted. Are you guys, my fans or my God? Are you feeding me?” he said.

“I have my own fans. I am bigger than any person. Anyone who wants to help you, won’t stress you. Don’t use the assistance you gave me in the past to stress me. Are you the only one who has ever assisted me?

“There are a lot of people who helped me without stressing me. Why would you say they shouldn’t play my songs again? Olamide, don’t mess with me. If you mess with me, I will return the energy. Stay on your own lane.”

In another post, he claimed he rose to fame through the support of his fans and not because of the collaboration he did with Olamide.

“Abi them tell you say Olamide Bado sign me for YBNL??? Zazuu Zeh My fans bring me here not them. We only do song together no be them blow me,” he said.

“The street belongs to me Portable Omolalomi 20 years my music don dey blow for street even before Dagrin die so una dey talk say na olamide bado help me he only join me put verse on my blowing song and we share money and fame no be say them buy me house or buy me car na me be ceo of my self zeh nation.”

This is not the first time Portable has taken aim at the rapper.

Portable, who became popular for his 2021 hit ‘Zazoo Zeh,’ a collaboration with Olamide and dancer Poco Lee, previously accused his former collaborators of cheating him and withdrawing their support after he demanded his rights.

He also claimed that Olamide “will regret not signing me” to his label.

Author